Saturday, February 19, 2011

Richard Iglewsi at the Guthrie

Many years ago, when I lived in Minneapolis, Minnesota, I used to go to the Guthrie frequently. I've got a couple of notebooks full of programs from the Guthrie, as well as other Minneapolis/St.Paul theaters such as the Actor's Theater and Theater in the Round.

Those notebooks are packed away at the moment, but I've got photos of various actors (from the programs!) and I'm going to share them here. Then, when I track down all my theater programs, I'll put the photos into the appropriate plays and share cast lists and everything.

So, here's Richard Iglewski from various Guthrie Theater performances.


Iglewski in The Imaginary Invalid


Iglewski as Falstaff in Henry V. So much better than Robert Stephens' performance opposite Michael Maloney at Stratford Upon Avon that I saw, also many years ago.


Richard Iglewski and Sally Wingert in Henry V.




Iglewski in some 6 hour play, the name of which I can't remember at the moment.


A play that I don't think I saw - at least I don't recognize the costume. However, it might be him playing another role in the 6 hour play I mentioned above - the play has 3 levels - there was a gigantic net strung atop the top of the stage and actors who died were up there, then there was action taking place in "the world." I loved the music in it...but didn't care for the play at all, if I recall correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment